Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Week 8....

Ok, so as amped up as I was last week after learning that the camps I had put together didn't work out, I had so many mixed emotions...feelings of defeat, doubtfulness, and then feelings of YES! I CAN DO THIS...I wrote about all these things and even promising to figure out a plan on how to keep going and to stand on my own two feet again.
You see it can and does happen sometimes even to the best of us. One minute, we feel like we can conquer any challenges that come our way and the very next day things can come to a crashing hault!
Well, for starters, this was one of those weeks for me anyway... I felt like I had entered a marathon and it was the day of the race and I hadn't eaten for a week. It was my "what the hell" moment! So many things and emotions spiraling out of control. Things I can't even begin to get into...I truly felt defeated! These obstacles had proved to be to gut wrenching and I truly felt unprepared. How do I even begin to finish this race? I found myself at the lowest of lows... Maybe, I just needed a break?Just maybe all the things that had troubled me, happened for a reason? So, I had no choice but to listen to my body. At this point I was too emotional to continue eating clean and training hard. So with a few tears shed, some late afternoon naps, and some comfort food, I was on my way to feeling better. With  just shy of a week off, I woke up this morning with a new attitude and realized that, That voice in my head that was telling me" I couldn't do this was lying!" "I CAN DO THIS,& I WILL DO THIS!" There's something inside of me that won't let it die...
It's important for everyone to understand that sometimes we are faced with uncertainty and extreme hardships  that can knock us to the ground, while leaving us wondering if we will ever be able to get up again????  It is equally important to realize that- hey, you may need to take a break and find comfort or even support from a friend or spouse. Once you've recovered ,you will find that same determination and hard work that made you fall in love with living a healthy lifestyle! Today felt like I was starting all over again, but so what, at least I feel better after a good sweat session. So "Rock On"! Spring is around the corner which means Bikini Season is not too far behind.....
Keep reminding yourself that persistence is far more important than perfection. You will get there when you get there.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment