Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Week 3...

Well this week started out fine, as my diet was on point and so were my workouts. This is where- mentally my head is beginning to get in the game. I'm finally starting to feel like I'm heading in the right direction. I would'nt be able to do this without being organized. Which brings me to that exact topic, Organization.
 Just about everyday I manage to get at least three loads of laundry done and my afternoons are pretty much spent in the car, as all of my four kids are in four different schools. So from from 2:40 till 3:20, I'm doing my rounds with pick ups, then onto homework, dinner, baths/showers, & bedtime. Along with many things I've left out. Yet every morning, I get myself up at 6am and get my cardio in, this really gives me more energy to take on the day, weird but true! I really do have a different outlook on my day if I make this happen, rather than sleeping in. Oh and there are days where sleeping in is necessary...this does happen on occasion & the results are one crabby Mommy! At least until I get my sweat on. Then my mood immediately shifts.

On Sunday's I cut up my veggies, cook my chicken & pot of brown rice as this helps me tremdously. Its just one last thing for me to worry about. Especially, since eating every 2-3 hours is already somewhat time consuming, but having a plan & being organized really takes that stress away. After 2 weeks of doing things this way, you'll get the hang of it and before you know it, it just becomes routine. The same goes for working out. At least that's what I've come to realize anyhow.

Now onto my next topic- Making Time for yourself! It is very important as a woman to make time for themselves. Sure, I've certainly had my doubts,(especially in the very beginning)with my struggles in feeling guilty for making time for myself. Heck I've even had people think I'm selfish or self absorbed. Which I think is crazy as I would never, ever want people to think that of me!!!! I have always and continue to put others first. So I've come to the conclusion that I'm just really lucky to discover the benefits of  making time for me. I fully believe that it gives me patience (& boy, do I need a lot of it...) it makes me happier and more positive. I feel like I can handle most of what life throws at me when I have that positive mind set.

This weekend and on Super Bowl Sunday my oldest son will be turning 12 and so I made him a chocolate cake, then I have to drive 4 hours with it on my lap, as we are going skiing for his birthday. I just hope it stays in tact and that the smell of chocolate does not cause me to cave.YIKES!!! If I wasn't in competiton mode, sure I would have a piece.

I'm also teaching my very first plyometric workout for a few competitors that are competing in the next four to five weeks. Yipee, Wish me luck! I will let you know how it went next week.

So this week- Get Organized and Make Time for Yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment