Sunday, February 17, 2013

Week 5...

Well this week I hit bouts of what I like to refer as "traffic" meaning my little road blocks that seem to stall me in my drive to get focused and stay on track. It was a busy week as, they all are, with Valentine's Day and those winter illnesses that we just can't seem to escape. I found myself trying to push through a long week, all while trying to take my training and eating to the next level. My traffic jam consisted of my oldest son coming home with a fever and one day of school missed, and so my workout had to be at home, along with another day missed at the gym because of a snow delay. Ugh!!!! Another workout at home... I so desperately want to just get myself in that groove,where I feel unstoppable and feel like I'm making progress. So now, I really have to dig deep, get focused and put my plan into action.

While my training and eating clean fell a little short this week, I decided that while I was in "traffic" I would make the most of it and make my new improved plan for the next four weeks. It's time to dig deep all right, get focused and follow my plan to get those results I desire. It was time to make my new diet plan and a new training plan as it is time to switch it up. Time to dial in and work on improving from my last show. I'm still learning and trying to figure out how to improve my body. I know the areas that I want to improve on and as far as eating clean, that's a science all on it's own. Every person responds differently to certain foods. As what may work for one person, may not work for another. I've done countless research on eating clean for figure and bikini competitors and it seems there are basic guidelines and it's just about figuring what works.

This is my plan I've come up with for the next month. My competition is 10 weeks away and I will make any tweaks or changes as necessary as I follow this plan just to see how it works for me. I will also be posting my workout plan for the next month. Be sure to check it out by clicking on "my workout plan" on the right of my post. Let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Meal 1
3oz protein                                     
1/3c carb                                       
1/2c fruit                                                           

Meal 2
3oz protein                                    
1/3c carb                               
1/2c fruit                                     
                                                                          
Meal 3
3oz protein                                    
1/3c carb                                      
1-2c veggies                                   
Meal 4
3oz protein
1-2c veggies
1 Tbsp or 1oz fats

Meal 5
3oz protein
1-2c veggies
1 Tbsp Fats

Meal 6
3oz protein
1 Tbsp or 1oz fats

Protein Choices: egg whites, whey protein, chicken,turkey, & fish
Carb Choices: oatmeal, ezekiel bread, brown rice, sweet potato, rice cake (no salt) &quinoa
Fruit Choices: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, & grapefruit
Veggie Choices: red pepper, cucumbers, spinach, celery, & broccoli
Healthy Fats: olive oil, coconut oil, natural almond butter, almonds, & chia seeds

Protein=30%
Carbs=30%
Fats=40%

Keep in mind this may not work for you and you may have to make adjustments. This is my trial as well and I will let you know if and when I make adjustments. On one last note, I also plan on adding 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar to and 8oz glass of water before my 1st, 3rd & 6th meal as I've read it helps burn fat. I'm willing to give it a shot.

Stay focused and calm if you come across any "traffic" jams. It's time to kick butt!!

1 comment:

  1. i have fallen behind myself..too many reasons getting in the way but one important reason to continue...health. (and younth for now) have a great week.

    ReplyDelete