Friday, February 22, 2013

Week 6....


It's time to hit cruise control...by that I mean it is time to stop worrying about any "traffic" that may occur. You'll get there when you get there! It's time to get going, work hard, get focused and keep your eye on that goal. Take each day as it is. Give every day 100% and you will begin to see results. Like many of you, the winter time blues as gotten the best of me and I'm done with it, in more ways than one. From here on out I'm going to put a little extra "spring" in my steps and think of the warm sunny days ahead. I'm all about turning the negative into positive. So this week at my most negative point I decided with the help of my kids to put together my little motivational countdown poster to hang by my bed as a reminder to push forward. No more days of feeling blah!  I've got just about 9 1/2 weeks to get on that stage. Sure they're will be lots of obstacles ahead but this is where my mind needs to get in the game. Just get through those obstacles carefully all while staying true to the plan I've carved out for myself.

Speaking of my plan, I'm very pleased with what I've put together so far. I may make minor tweaks to my diet but the workouts have been great. I certainly feel my body responding to the changes. It is so important to change up your routine at least every 4 weeks to keep your body guessing. If you continually do the same routine over and over again, your body will never respond. Even with my current plan on some days I'll add a random exercise that's not even on the page like box jumps at the end of my set or sprints in between sets. These get my heart racing and in turn burning more fat. Burn Baby Burn that fat away! Lol...

This is also the time where I need to start practicing my stage presence and practice those T-walks. Its just as important as all the hard work you put into getting your body into amazing shape. You need to exude confidence, smile and own that stage! This for me, is especially something I need to work on and I intend on vastly improving! There are lots of little tricks out there, like putting Vaseline on your teeth, as it helps with smiling and if you don't wear heels on a regular basis, try to wear them around the house while your doing chores like vacuuming or doing laundry. The more you do this, the more comfortable you will feel, and before you know it, you will look very natural walking in them. I happen to love wearing heels and wear them all the time so I'm completely comfortable walking on stage with them. My area of weakness is the posing. Sometimes I tend to look down and I need to smile more. I need to find my inner Diva and let her shine! And so, I will add this to my obstacle course.

Now lets get thru this obstacle course called" life" with these words PATIENCE, POSITIVE ATTITUDE, SELF RESPECT, HARD WORK & DEDICATION! All while bringing out our inner "Diva"...



No comments:

Post a Comment