Friday, May 10, 2013

Don't Give Up on Your Goals...

Giving up on your goal because of one setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got a flat!Boy, that is how I felt two weeks ago  after my show, but only for a few days...Thank god! I'm back to setting and reaching new goals. I just can't quit, after all I am hoping to be a role model to my kids and what would that teach them, if I quit? There are so many benefits to doing what I do. I'm teaching my kids the importance of living a healthy life, I'm teaching them that just because I'm older you can still dream & set goals, I'm showing them that hard work pays off and when you set your mind on anything...that mindset will get you there just by shear determination! I'm also showing them how to pick themselves up after they've fallen and to keep at it. Because, I fell, and I fell hard... After all, your children will become who you are, so be who you want them to be! 

I grew up the 2nd oldest of 11 children... My Mother never had time for herself nor did she ever really desire it & if she did, she certainly never showed it. God Bless her! Making time for yourself doesn't have to be for everyone but I feel like it makes me a better Mom. It gives me more patience and certainly helps keep me more organized. Now, I didn't start making time for myself until I had three kids but that doesn't mean you need to wait. The most important thing is, is to have support. Even if your not a busy Mom, its still very important to have that person to keep you in check, someone to say "Hey, you look great!" or "keep it up, it's paying off". That is why I started my workshops, to be that support and to share my knowledge thus far. Everyone has to start somewhere...right? It's my goal to create a network of support for like minded individuals. You get to workout and learn what it takes to get to your healthiest body. My next workshop will be on Sunday May 19th from 1p.m.-3p.m. at Edge Lifestyles Gym in Oakland, NJ. Hope you can make it or treat someone special (Great Mother's Day gift...) It's $35 for the workshop and limited to 25 people.

Now, that I'm back to setting new goals and even more driven than before! I took some time to change up my workouts and clean eating diet. It's about improvement and working harder to reach my own physical expectations. I've got only 28 days before the kids are out of school and when they are my gym time will either come even earlier or I will be at my hopeful maintenance point and won't have to go as often. My plan is to document this new plan by taking weekly progress pictures and staying true to my exact plan.  Staying true to the diet I wrote out for myself and if I need to make little tweaks to make note of it. I'm hoping this plan gets me the results I desire. Life is all about learning and if I have to go back to the drawing boards than so be it....I will keep you posted. Check out my Facebook Page...Sonia Ryan Fitness

In the meantime...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you MOM'S out there...hope to meet some of you at my workshop. I will be handing out some clean treats...Clean BBQ sauce and Honey Roasted Chick Peas! Summer is right around the corner...

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite posts Sonia! I absolutely love you and the kids in this pic. I admire that you want to lead by example. You are so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete