Saturday, May 18, 2013

On to My Next Plan...

I'm not giving up but it sure has been a rough week to say the least...another set back with illness. UGH!!!I swear next year I plan on getting a flu shot. My kids get it and every year they manage better than me. I was so incredibly sick with I think the flu..it started out with what I thought were allergies but quickly went right to my chest. I felt like all my bones had been shattered. All I could do was listen to my body and it did not let me out of bed on Monday. I didn't even get to the gym until Thursday... Even though I still don't feel 100%, it was great to be back! Finally, I could begin my new plan.  I had just spent last weekend writing up a new diet and workout plan for the next 8 weeks. As with any new plan, I was eager to start! Instead of getting down for not being able to start because of yet another set back, I just spent my days envisioning my end results and put my focus on this weekends workshop.

It's my 2nd workshop and I'm just as excited as I was for the first, yet not 1 person has signed up yet? I've sent out emails to those I feel might benefit or just overall interested. I've posted my fliers up at my gym (someone keeps taking them down..) I've driven all over North Jersey to promote (Vitamin Shoppe's, GNC, etc.) I've posted my fliers up on Goggle+ and even started a Facebook account. Yet, still nothing???A few that are very interested can't come because of scheduling. I can't let this get me down. I know I have something great to offer...This will take time. I have to remain positive. I live for this and hope one day someone will come up to me and say "because of you, I didn't give up!" Until then, I'm going to keep plugging away and trying to figure out how to get people to attend. I've made some delicious "Clean" Mango BBQ Sauce and Crispy Cinnamon Chick Peas as my healthy giveaways for attending the workshop. Each and every workshop I give will include an example of a healthy "Clean" treat. Most people don't even know that healthy food taste amazing. I'm always trying new clean recipes and part of my new plan during the off season is to have my kids help pick out a new recipe each week to try. If they are a hit, I will certainly be posting them on my blog and my Facebook page.

I've decided to not compete in a few weeks as originally planned. Instead I will go and watch and support my friends. I'm also going to observe and learn. I'm even thinking of doing a photo shoot at the end of my 8 week plan. Its something I've always wanted to do and it gives me that push to work extra hard. At the end of the day, I just have to push these setbacks away and focus on the plans ahead!! Life is always about improvement. I'm eager and willing to do everything I can in all aspects from being a better Mom, building a better body, getting my workshops up & running smoothly, etc. With a positive mind you can do anything you set your mind on. I really truly believe that with my whole heart!

Stay Strong, Make a Plan, Believe in It and Work Hard...It's not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, & to make your "Happiness" a priority...It's necessary! Plain & Simple...

1 comment:

  1. its nice to see someone so determined. a lot of us tend to just give up after awhile if we have had one too many set backs...but you continue to go on. I personally have re thought about the way I eat and live my life because of you. You inspire me in so many ways. People are lucky to have someone like you who cares about what your doing and those your helping.

    ReplyDelete