Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sometimes when it Rains it Pours...

I should have taken my 3rd picture by now for my personal documentation of my new implemented plan, I have yet to fully start due to being stuck in "Shit Creek"! I'm sure many of you can relate- during that off season, as I'm sure many of you have even felt the same way, even if your not a competitor. We've all felt that way at some point. You're eager to get back on schedule, work on improvements, get back to training hard, eating clean with only one weekend cheat treat, yet somehow you find yourself up shit creek? Well, for me between being terribly sick last week, to going away for the holiday weekend, to the kids bringing home yet another nasty stomach virus.....UGH!!!! I can't let this damn creek get me down..."life is life" after all... I just have to start me new plan and stick to it as soon as I can. I have a new goal and I want to reach it. I'm not afraid of hard work or determination. I will however admit to suffering from severe frustration when I'm unable to stick to a plan and that is also something I need to work on.

Which brings me to another topic: The topic of off season indulgences! Why do we competitors feel the need to over indulge during this time???? I feel like so many of us do that, and I have even talked about it with my fellow competitors? It's like so many people tell you that it's ok to take time off and eat shitty, be normal and that it's good for the body....Yet, why is it we feel so incredibly disgusting when we eat what people call normal food? All the more reason for me to just stick to the once a week cheat year round when not competing...I think I've learned my lesson. Right now, I feel like a water buffalo, swimming through the skies of cottage cheese! I'm eager to get back on track and begin my new plan. Starting with my first picture. My plan has been written out and printed on my refrigerator. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm sticking to my plan come hell or high water.

Bring on the sunshine! I'm heading to the river of success....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sonia,
    I wish I had your determination, I used to but I'm finding it more and more difficult to fight the "good fight". I look forward to meeting you at your workshop hopefully you'll be my inspiration that I'm looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you find out what really goes into the food you eat..you care more. More for yourself and those around you. Start small and go from there. Thanks for sharing.b

    ReplyDelete