Sunday, April 14, 2013

2 weeks out...


Posted by PicasaIt's the final stretch...Monday, I was back at the gym and BOY did that feel good! I was back on track , just being home and knowing exactly what I needed to do to get myself stage ready. My motivation was at an all time high! I was looking forward to the week ahead. Upon arrival at my first day back at the gym, I walked into the ladies room to find that the sauna was working again!!! This just added to my excitement- as it had been broken for quite sometime. The long cold, nasty winter had me longing for that thing to function. Everyday I checked to see if was working.  So, needless to say, now I was completely overjoyed...yes, finally, everything was positive and working in my favor. At the end of my kick ass workout, I stepped into that sauna and there I met an amazing woman. In the past I was always been in it alone, sweating and doing crunches while sweating. Yup, you guessed it...I love to sweat!!! Anyhow, my point is we started talking while we were both enjoying the fact that it was working again and she shared her life history with me. She spoke of how she came to this country from Mexico, without speaking any English. She explained her struggles, she shared with me how she found success and ultimately finding something she loved and that was her job. She started working in a hospital as a cleaning lady at night because she was a Mom.  She managed to work her way up in the hospital, from cleaning lady to nursing, to then end up working alongside the Surgeons, handing them their necessary tools as they performed surgery's. She was passionate about it and wanted to learn everything she could.  I found her story fascinating! At the end of the day, she truly loved what she did and it had paid off! She is retired now,but was able to put her boys both through College, and now she's making time for herself. Ultimately, she was able to get that far because people believed in her, they noticed how much she cared, they noticed how hard she worked and in the end -she has had a very happy, and successful life thus far.  My reason for sharing this story with you, is that I'm realizing that when you love what you do and you continue to work hard it-It will all pay off ! Soon enough, people will slowly start to realize that about me. They will notice that my hopes and dreams are in helping others achieve a fit and healthy lifestyle. I'm not just in this for myself. This journey for me started out as being a role model to my kids and then really I took it more seriously when I attended my Uncle's Funeral, He was just 51 years old when he passed of cancer. Things really hit home for me as I watched his son cry ( who happens to be the same age as my son..)! Those are the things that began this journey and the desire for living a healthy lifestyle.

It's funny how things work out. I needed to have this conversation with her, because I was about to host my very first workshop this weekend. Of course, I was a little nervous and excited at the same time. Yet after having that conversation with her, everything seemed to be put into perspective for me. I just needed to trust that things would work out.  I wasn't sure what to expect? How many people would come? All I could do was put my heart and soul into it and just hope for the best. I didn't want to stress and freak out. Stressing, just isn't good for your body, anyhow! That would only hinder my progress in getting show ready.

The rest of the week, I just took  in stride. I took each day as it was and gave it my all! I'm finally at that point now, where I've realized that I can only do so much. I used to stress if I couldn't get my workout in and that would lead to diet mishaps, which would lead to further frustration. It was like a vicious cycle. One of my goals at the beginning of this journey was to figure out how to maintain after my show and not to fall into that now what Rut. I'm 2 weeks away from getting on that stage and I've realized this week that I've reached that goal I set out in the beginning of the year.  I finally have a better understanding on what to do after my show. Afterall, this is my lifestyle. The less I stress, the better. It's about doing what you love and doing what you can.

With that being said...My workshop didn't have the biggest turnout but it felt amazing to share my knowledge and I just know in my heart it will grow. I will have bigger turnouts in the future.I have to believe in that. Everyone has to start somewhere. Every Pro was once an amateur, every expert was once a beginner. So Dream big and start now.. My next workshop is scheduled for Sunday May 19th, 2013 from 1p.m.-3p.m. at Edge Lifestyle Gym in Oakland, NJ. Hope you can make it.

Now, It's time for me to dive into Chicken and Asparagus! Remember, STAY STRONG, STAY FOCUSED, EAT CLEAN, TRAIN HARD and take it day by day...

No comments:

Post a Comment