Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Week 11...& 4 weeks to go

 Well, I'm a little delayed in this post -as I am currently on vacation with my family. So, I'm really closer to 3 weeks away at this point... YIKES!!! Honestly, what was I thinking? Going on vacation while training for a show that's 4 weeks away.... I planned so hard ,every last detail on how I would make it through this vacation and stay on point. Yet, like all the other obstacles in the past 11 weeks, this would be, yet another challenging course. My goal is, of course that I would do my absolute best and just get thru the week. After all, this is life, right? I've realized that this is my lifestyle and in life there are many ups and downs, but as long as you stay true to what you believe in, it will all work out in the end. I keep telling myself that each day anyway...stay positive. The 11 hour (2day) car ride went really well, as I had my six pack bag filled with each meal I would need for half of the ride. The next day, I packed my cooler again for the last 5 hours on the road. This bag is one of the best gifts my husband has gotten me. Check them out at www.sixpackbags.com. As far as training would go I had planned on running each day and various outdoor workouts, assuming the weather would cooperate and being that I didn't have access to a gym....guess I should have thought outside the box. Nonetheless, I managed to do what I could. After all, I've been training for a long time and just because this week hasn't really gone as I had planned  I'm even more ready and determined to kick some serious ass when I return home!!!!!

While on vacation, I kept busy with the kids, swimming in the indoor pool, walking for miles, having sprint races and doing walking lunges with my boys in the campground parking lot. When the weather wasn't at its best, I got busy gluing crystals on my suit. I took each day and made it the best I could. It certainly wasn't easy and it certainly didn't run as smooth as I had planned. By mid week  I was lucky enough  to be introduced to an amazing fitness enthused woman and was able to take her H.I.I.T Class. She teaches these classes for free at the Rodanthe Community Center. Her energy was amazing and her class was exactly what I needed. So thank you Chandra! I'm always in awe, when I meet someone who's interested in living a healthy lifestyle. It really makes my day. This town is so lucky to have her teaching these classes! I'm taking her class again tomorrow morning and I'm super excited as  I need a good heart pumping sweaty workout in before I sit in the car for 11 hours again.
Boy do I ever...

Once I'm back home, this is when I will start to get into all those little details before I'm show ready like whitening my teeth, continuing to work on my stage presence, finishing the last details on my suit, tighten up my diet and sweating,  sweating and sweating some more. As much as I've enjoyed the beautiful sunsets and just being by the ocean, (I'm a true ocean girl at heart) I'm ready as heck, to get back into my routine. No more excuses, no more crazy challenging obstacles! It's a race to the finish line!




No comments:

Post a Comment